Wednesday, August 10, 2016

Halfway Day

Connie is issuing party hats today because it is Halfway Day! Eleven days out of Nawiliwili Bay, Kauai, we hope to reach the "throat" of the Strait of Juan de Fuca eleven days from today. That will be Sunday August 21st. It's another 56 Nm to our landfall at Port Angeles and fresh pizza. So perhaps the crowd should plan on gathering at the PA welcoming pier on Monday the 22nd at noon. No pushing or shoving. Wear your nice seafaring clothing. We will have a raffle and whoever wins gets to trade me their keys to their Chevy for the keys to this darn boat. We will turn our backs to the sea and walk inland, kicking the dirt and kissing the hard cold ground.

Not.   

But seriously, we are about half way and that is a thrill. Is that right, my crew? ..... I'm receiving a muted response.

We are in the groove, doing our 3 hours on 6 hours off watches. I'm sorry there is no misery or dismay to report. Actually, it's kinda boring. So what can I write about? I'm thinking about that and maybe I'll come up with something. In the meantime we'll keep you posted, just not as often.

You get on back to your boring life and I'll get back to mine. I'm needed on deck right now so I can lay on the cushions and stare into the sky, looking for Mickey Mouse, Goofy, Panda bears, and smiley faces in the puffy clouds floating by.

Scott, Connie and Randy

----------
radio email processed by SailMail
for information see: http://www.sailmail.com

1 comment:

  1. Do let us know when you're for sure landing in PT. We might just take the drive up there!

    ReplyDelete